We are assembling a new team committed to building and analyzing disease knowledge graphs, comprising diverse skillsets: data scientists, front-end engineers, bioinformaticians, software engineers and with an interest in graph and natural language processing. This team will transform our ability to surface key biological insights improving our understanding of oncology, respiratory and cardiovascular disease, targets and drug response.
We are looking for an experienced Front End Engineer that is passionate about data visualization and web applications.
We are working in collaboration with our scientists to help develop better drugs faster, choose the right treatment for a patient and run safer clinical trials.
Our team is integrating knowledge from biomedical literature, genomics, screening and chemistry to:
· Discover novel drug targets.
· Identify patterns defining distinct patient groups and biomarkers.
· Understand drug mechanism of action and safety.
· Build recommendation systems supporting decision making in drug programs.
As part of our team, you will design and build innovative web applications and data visualizations that drug discovery scientists use to make each of these key decisions.
You will architect efficient and reusable API and front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
You will help the team educate the scientific community to recognize opportunities for knowledge graph analytics and adopt a data-first culture, working alongside domain experts to design projects. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Software
· Creative, collaborative, & product focused
· Experience coding as part of a team (including participating in PR reviews, establishing unit testing, linting and performance frameworks within CI/CD)
· 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
· 3+ years’ experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
· BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
Bonus points if:
· You have experience with React, Mithril.js or other front-end libraries for writing reusable components
· You use redux or other libraries for state management
· You have experience using typescript
· You have worked with Figma, Sketch or other UI prototyping tools
· You have created data visualizations (D3.js, Vega, plotly.js) and maybe even used network visualization libraries (sigma.js, linkurious.js, cytoscape.js)
· You have designed or used graphQL APIs in your projects.
· You have knowledge of the biological or drug discovery domain